Monday, November 9, 2009

caitlyn interviews rosalyn

we would like to introduce ourselves to you, so we've decided to interview each other. enjoy!

(a sampling of rosalyn's textile work)


i. tell us about yourself (background, bio): my name is rosalyn faustino and i'm originally from calgary, alberta. ya, that's right, yeehaw! school life: i initially studied social sciences and realized it wasn't for me. i got into the toronto school of art and loved it. from there, i went to the university of toronto and sheridan college and specialized in art and art history. with all that schooling... took a year off and i'm back in school again taking the textiles program at sheridan college. life: my family consists of my parents, my older sister and me! i love animals, wooden toys, flowers, handmade gifts and comfort food. i am a hoarder of all things, sometimes i need more space to store everything. i love looking at pretty tiny objects. I appreciate artworks with true craftsmanship. i dislike really burnt toast and chunky, uncooked onions. it's so hard to talk about yourself in one paragraph!


ii. if you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?: it changes all the time. but right now, i would love to be in calgary to see my family and friends. we would probably head over to lake louise and chill out in the mountains and visit my nature friends like mister fox and miss moose. i miss home. normally, i wish i was in japan. i think i would get a lot of inspiration there. for now, i will just drool over stores like this and this.


iii. what's your biggest source of inspiration?: nature is my homie. i look at leaves, trees, things on the ground, people, things online, anything. the universe.


iv. if you were sent to prison, what would be your crime?: i think someone would frame me. probably for stealing?


v. know any good jokes?: what do you eat under there?


*BONUS QUESTION: what are your three favourite things about toronto?: the shops, the diversity in foods, and streetmeat! ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment